Installation, 14 user information – Glow-worm Ultracom2 35 Store User Manual
0020112185_PROTO_13 - 01/11 - Glow-worm
- 36 -
The combustion for this appliance has been pre-set at the factory
for operation on Natural Gas G20 as defined on the appliance
No adjustment of the combustion is necessary.
If you wish to check the combustion then follow the instructions
in the Servicing section.
13.4 Re-check and restart
• Once the appliance is installed, check the operation of the
• Start the appliance to ensure that any adjustments operate
correctly and check that the appliance operates safely.
• Erase the fault code history from the appliance. To do this,
refer to the section “Installation settings” and use code
• Check the gas-tightness and water-tightness of the appliance
and eliminate any leaks.
• Check that the flue joints are tested for tightness and fitted in
accordance with the instructions.
• Check the entire control and safety system, its settings and its
14 User information
At the end of the installation, the installer must:
- explain the operation of the appliance and its safety devices to
the user, if necessary provide a demonstration and answer any
- hand over to the user all the required documentation,
- fill in the documents where necessary;
- advise the user of the precautions necessary to prevent
damage to the system, appliance and the building;
- remind the user to service the appliance annually.
• Draw attention, if applicable, to the current issue of the Gas
Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, Section 35, which
imposes a duty of care on all persons who let out any property
containing a gas appliance in the UK.
The user shall not interfere with or adjust sealed components.
It is the Law that any servicing is carried out by a competent
person approved at the time by the Health and Safety Executive.
• Advise the user that, like all condensing boilers this appliance
will produce a plume of condensation from the flue terminal in
cool weather. This is due to the high efficiency and low flue gas
temperature of the boiler.
• Advise the user that the permanent mains electrical supply
should not be switched off, as the built in frost protection and
pump exercise program will not operate.
• Advise the User if the mains electricity and gas are to be
turned off for any long periods during severe weather, it is
recommended that the whole system, including the boiler,
should be drained to avoid the risk of freezing.
Sealed system: The system must be refilled to the
by a competent person
in these instructions
• Leave these instructions and the ‘Benchmark’ Installation,
Commissioning and Service Record with the user.