Maintenance, 15 trouble-shooting – Glow-worm Ultracom2 35 Store User Manual
0020112185_PROTO_13 - 01/11 - Glow-worm
- 37 -
To ensure the continued efficient and safe operation of the
boiler it is recommended that it is checked and serviced at
regular intervals. The frequency of servicing will depend upon
the particular installation and usage, but in general once a year
should be enough.
It is the Law that any servicing is carried out by a competent
person approved at the time by the Health and Safety Executive.
• Before commencing with a service or replacement of parts
isolate the boiler from the electrical supply and turn off the gas
supply at the gas isolation valve.
• When replacing a part on this appliance, use only spare parts
that you can be assured conform to the safety and performance
specification that we require. Do not use reconditioned or copy
parts that have not been clearly authorised by Glow-worm.
• If any electrical connections have been disconnected and
after their connection, checks to the earth continuity, polarity,
short circuit and resistance to earth must be repeated using a
suitable multimeter, as described in chapter "Trouble-shooting
▸ Fault diagnosis ▸ Check the electrical installation".
• After servicing, complete the relevant Service Interval Record
section of the Benchmark Checklist located in the centre pages
of this document.
15.1 fault diagnosis
The following checks should be performed before proceeding
onto specific diagnostics:
• Make sure that the electricity supply has not been interrupted
and that the appliance is connected correctly (See chapter
"Trouble-shooting ▸ Fault diagnosis ▸ Check the electrical
• Ensure that the isolating valves are open.
• Ensure that the pressure indicator displays a value of 0.8 bar
(if the pressure falls below 0.4 bar, the air vent function will
run automatically for a period of 5 minutes until you see 0.5
bar on the pressure indicator). If not, fill the appliance.
• Check that all external controls are connected correctly.
• If the symbol and the message "
rE SEt" are displayed
on the screen, display the fault code memory (see chapter "
Trouble-shooting ▸ Fault memory").
• Press the reset button to restart the appliance.
• Check the functional flow diagram.
Check the electrical installation
1 Main board
• Remove the front casing panel
• Check the external electrical supply to the boiler is on and a
supply of 230V is present at the ‘L’ and ‘N’ terminals on the
• Check the electrical installation and appliance, carry out tests
for earth continuity, polarity, short circuit and resistance to
earth, using a suitable multimeter.
• Bare metal points such as screws or rivets will act as suitable
earth check points on the appliance.
Check the gas supply
1 Gas service isolation valve
2 Test point