Important safety instructions, Warning – Sharp FU-Y30EU User Manual
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock, fi re or injury to persons:
• Read all instructions before using the unit.
• Use only a 220-240 volt outlet.
• Do not use the unit if the power cord or plug is damaged or the connection to the wall outlet
• Periodically remove dust from the power plug.
• Do not insert fi ngers or foreign objects into the intake or air outlet.
• When removing the power plug, always hold the plug and never pull the cord.
Electrical shock and/or fi re from short circuit may occur as a result.
• Do not remove the plug when your hands are wet.
• Do not use this unit near gas appliances or fi replaces.
• Remove the power plug from the wall outlet before cleaning the unit and when not using the
Electrical shock from bad insulation and/or fi re from short circuit may occur as a result.
• If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent,
Sharp Authorised Service Centre or similarly qualifi ed person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Do not operate when using aerosol insecticides or in rooms where there is oily residue, incense,
sparks from lit cigarettes, chemical fumes in the air or in very high humidity conditions, such as a
• Be cautious when cleaning the unit. Corrosive cleansers may damage the exterior.
• Only Sharp Authorised Service Centre should service this air purifi er. Contact the nearest Service
Centre for any problems, adjustments, or repairs.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sen-
sory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given su-
pervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- Radio or TV Interference
If this air purifi er should cause interference to radio or television reception, try to correct the interfer-
ence by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the unit and radio/TV receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is con-
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS