Care and maintenance – Samsung SGH-T669AAATMB User Manual
Health and Safety Information 202
Misuse or use of incompatible phones, batteries, and charging devices could result in damage to the equipment and a possible
risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other serious hazard.
Extreme temperatures will affect the charging capacity of your battery: it may require cooling or warming first.
Do not leave the battery in hot or cold places, such as in a car in summer or winter conditions, as you will reduce the capacity
and lifetime of the battery. Always try to keep the battery at room temperature. A phone with a hot or cold battery may
temporarily not work, even when the battery is fully charged. Li-ion batteries are particularly affected by temperatures below
0 °C (32 °F).
Do not place the phone in areas that may get very hot, such as on or near a cooking surface, cooking appliance, iron, or
Do not get your phone or battery wet. Even though they will dry and appear to operate normally, the circuitry could slowly
corrode and pose a safety hazard.
Do not short-circuit the battery. Accidental short-circuiting can occur when a metallic object (coin, clip or pen) causes a direct
connection between the + and - terminals of the battery (metal strips on the battery), for example when you carry a spare
battery in a pocket or bag. Short-circuiting the terminals may damage the battery or the object causing the short-circuiting.
Do not permit a battery out of the phone to come in contact with metal objects, such as coins, keys or jewelry.
Do not crush, puncture or put a high degree of pressure on the battery as this can cause an internal short-circuit, resulting in
Dispose of used batteries in accordance with local regulations. In some areas, the disposal of batteries in household or
business trash may be prohibited. For safe disposal options for Li-Ion batteries, contact your nearest Samsung authorized
service center. Always recycle. Do not dispose of batteries in a fire.
Care and Maintenance
Your phone is a product of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated with care. The suggestions
below will help you fulfill any warranty obligations and allow you to enjoy this product for many years.
Keep the phone and all its parts and accessories out of the reach of small children.
Keep the phone dry. Precipitation, humidity and liquids contain minerals that will corrode electronic circuits.
Do not use the phone with a wet hand. Doing so may cause an electric shock to you or damage to the phone.
Do not use or store the phone in dusty, dirty areas, as its moving parts may be damaged.
Do not store the phone in hot areas. High temperatures can shorten the life of electronic devices, damage batteries, and warp
or melt certain plastics.
Do not store the phone in cold areas. When the phone warms up to its normal operating temperature, moisture can form inside
the phone, which may damage the phone's electronic circuit boards.