The bobbin thread, Preparation steps, Winding steps – SINGER 8234 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
The bobbin thread
Your sewing machine uses two threads to
form a stitch. The upper thread comes from
the spool and is threaded through the eye of
the needle. The lower thread comes from the
bobbin. Wind the bobbin before threading the
WINDING THE BOBBIN
1. Raise the presser foot and turn hand wheel
toward you until needle is in highest position.
2. Loosen hand wheel knob A by turning it
toward you with the right hand while holding
hand wheel with the left hand.
3. Open slide plate and lift out bobbin.
4. Place spool pin felt on pin.
• Place thread spool on spool pin with thread
retaining slit B on top. (Break paper at the
end of spool if necessary). If you are using
a tube of thread affix spool pin extension to
spool pin to ensure even flow of thread.
® Lead thread around bobbin winder tension
disc C and through small hole in bobbin
from inside out.
® Place bobbin on spindle and push bobbin to
right to engage bobbin winder.
® Hold thread end as shown and start the
machine. Cut off thread end after a few
coils have been wound.
• When required amount of thread has been
wound (winding will stop when bobbin is
full), stop the machine and cut connecting
• Push bobbin to left and remove bobbin from
• Hold hand wheel and tighten hand wheel