Troubleshooting – Toshiba CARRIER RAV-SP300AT2-UL User Manual
– 45 –
8-1. Summary of Troubleshooting
<Wired remote controller type>
1. Before troubleshooting
1) Required tools/instruments
screwdrivers, spanners, radio cutting pliers, nippers, push pins for reset switch
• Tester, thermometer, pressure gauge, etc.
2) Confirmation points before check
a) The following operations are normal.
1. Compressor does not operate.
• Is not 3-minutes delay (3 minutes after compressor OFF)?
• Is not the outdoor unit in standby status though the remote controller reached the setup
• Does not timer operate during fan operation?
• Is not an overflow error detected on the indoor unit?
• Is not outside high-temperature operation controlled in heating operation?
2. Indoor fan does not rotate.
• Does not cool air discharge preventive control work in heating operation?
3. Outdoor fan does not rotate or air volume changes.
• Does not high-temperature release operation control work in heating operation?
• Does not outside low-temperature operation control work in cooling operation?
• Is not defrost operation performed?
4. ON/OFF operation cannot be performed from remote controller.
• Is not the control operation performed from outside/remote side?
• Is not automatic address being set up?
(When the power is turned on at the first time or when indoor unit address setting is changed, the
operation cannot be performed for maximum approx. 5 minutes after power-ON.)
• Is not being carried out a test run by operation of the outdoor controller?
b) Did you return the cabling to the initial positions?
c) Are connecting cables of indoor unit and remote controller correct?
2. Troubleshooting procedure
When a trouble occurred, check the parts along with the following procedure.
Confirmation of check code display
Check defective position and parts.
For cause of a trouble, power conditions or malfunction/erroneous diagnosis of microcomputer due to outer
noise is considered except the items to be checked. If there is any noise source, change the cables of the
remote controller to shield cables.