Tools – Toshiba CARRIER RAV-SP300AT2-UL User Manual
– 8 –
1. Required Tools for R410A
Mixing of different types of oil may cause a trouble such as generation of sludge, clogging of capillary,
etc. Accordingly, the tools to be used are classified into the following three types.
1) Tools exclusive for R410A (Those which cannot be used for conventional refrigerant (R22))
2) Tools exclusive for R410A, but can be also used for conventional refrigerant (R22)
3) Tools commonly used for R410A and for conventional refrigerant (R22)
The table below shows the tools exclusive for R410A and their interchangeability.
Tools exclusive for R410A (The following tools for R410A are required.)
Tools whose specifications are changed for R410A and their interchangeability
When flaring is carried out for R410A using the conventional flare tools, adjustment of projection margin
is necessary. For this adjustment, a copper pipe gauge, etc. are necessary.
General tools (Conventional tools can be used.)
In addition to the above exclusive tools, the following equipments which serve also for R22 are necessary
as the general tools.
1) Vacuum pump. Use vacuum pump by attaching vacuum pump adapter.
2) Torque wrench
8) Spanner or Monkey wrench
3) Pipe cutter
9) Hole core drill
10) Hexagon wrench (Opposite side 4mm)
5) Pipe benderr
11) Tape measure
6) Level vial
12) Metal saw
7) Screwdriver (+, –)
Also prepare the following equipments for other installation method and run check.
1) Clamp meter
3) Insulation resistance tester (Megger)
Copper pipe gauge for
adjusting projection margin
Vacuum pump adapter
Electronic balance for
Flaring by conventional
Tightening of flare nut
charge, run check, etc.
Gas leakage check
air conditioner installation
can be used
equipment can be used