Finger pickup seed meter inspection/adjustment, Finger pickup seed meter inspection/adjustment -11 – Kinze 3200 Wing-Fold Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Lubrication and Maintenance
1. Remove two thumbscrews and meter from seed hopper and remove three cap screws and baffle from meter
2. Rotate seed meter drive by hand to ensure springs are holding tabs of fingers against carrier plat and fingers
raise in correct area as shown in above photo.
Finger tabs should
raise in this area.
Finger tabs should
plate in this area.
Corn Finger Assembly
(Position Spring Opening
Oil Sunflower Finger
Baffle attachment to meter.
Meter attachment to hopper.
FINGER PICKUP SEED METER INSPECTION/ADJUSTMENT
Buildup of debris or chaff may prevent proper finger operation and requires disassembly and cleaning of finger pickup
1. Remove cotter pin, cover nut and adjusting nut and wave washer (If applicable) from drive shaft.
2. Carefully lift finger holder with fingers and cam off shaft and clean.
3. Check brush for wear and replace if necessary or after every 100 acres per row of operation (Approximately 800
acres of corn or sunflowers on a 8 row machine or 1200 acres on an 12 row machine).
NOTE: It is not necessary to remove finger holder to replace brush.
4. Remove springs from fingers and remove finger from holder by lifting it out of friction fit slot. Life expectancy of
these parts is about 600-900 acres per row of operation under average conditions.
5. Reassemble meter in reverse order after cleaning and replacing defective parts. Make sure open end of spring
loop is toward inside of finger holder when replacing fingers.
6. Install fingers in holder so holder is flush with carrier plate when assembled. A cam projection aligns with a mating
notch in bearing housing to ensure proper operation when assembled.
Removing meter and baffle
Proper finger operation
Finger pickup meter parts