Regrease the grease-lubricated bearings, Lubricating-grease requirements – Goulds Pumps 3196 i-FRAME - IOM User Manual
Regal R&O 220
Rando HD 220
Synfilm GT 220
Regrease the grease-lubricated bearings
Make sure that the grease container, the greasing device, and the fittings are clean. Failure to
do this can result in impurities entering the bearing housing when you regrease the bearings.
1. Wipe dirt from the grease fittings.
2. Remove the two grease-relief plugs from the bottom of the frame.
3. Fill both of the grease cavities through the fittings with a recommended grease until the
fresh grease comes out of the relief holes.
4. Make sure that the frame seals are seated in the bearing housing.
If they are not, press them in place with the drains located at the bottom.
5. Reinstall the grease-relief plugs.
6. Wipe off any excess grease.
7. Recheck the alignment.
The bearing temperature usually rises after you regrease due to an excess supply of grease.
Temperatures return to normal in about two to four operating hours as the pump runs and
purges the excess grease from the bearings.
• Never mix greases of different consistencies (NLGI 1 or 3 with NLGI 2) or with different
thickeners. For example, never mix a lithium-based grease with a polyurea-based grease.
Doing so may result in decreased performance.
• Remove the bearings and old grease if you need to change the grease type or
consistency. Failure to do so may result in equipment damage or decreased performance.
Model 3196 i-FRAME Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Manual