Maintenance & additional information – Samsung HMX-H1062SP User Manual
Your HD camcorder is a product of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated with care.
The suggestions below will help you fulﬁll any warranty obligations and allow you to enjoy this product for many years.
• For safekeeping of the HD camcorder, turn it off.
- Remove the battery pack and AC power adaptor. pages 14,18
- Remove the memory card. page 28
Cautions when storing
• Do not leave the HD camcorder in a place where the temperature is very high for a long period of time:
The temperature inside a closed vehicle or trunk can become very high in hot weather. If you leave the HD camcorder in
such a place, it could malfunction or the case could be damaged. Do not expose the HD camcorder to direct sunlight or
place it near a heater.
• Do not store the HD camcorder in a place where the humidity is high or in a dusty place:
Dust entering the HD camcorder could cause a malfunction. If humidity is high, the lens could become moldy, and the HD
camcorder could become inoperative. It is recommended that you put the HD camcorder in a box together with a small
silica bag when storing it in a closet, etc.
• Do not store the HD camcorder in a place subject to strong magnetism or intense vibration:
This could cause malfunctions.
• Detach the battery pack from the HD camcorder and store it in a cool place:
Leaving the battery pack attached or storing it at high temperature could shorten its life.
Cleaning the HD camcorder
Before cleaning, turn off the HD camcorder and remove the battery pack and AC power adaptor.
• To clean the exterior
- Wipe gently with a soft dry cloth. Do not apply excessive force when cleaning, gently rub the surface.
- Do not use benzene or thinner to clean the camcorder. The coating of exterior could peel off or the case could
• To clean the LCD screen
Wipe gently with a soft dry cloth. Be careful not to damage the monitor.
• To clean the lens
Use an optional air blower to blow out dirt and other small objects. Do not wipe the lens with cloth or your ﬁngers. If
necessary, wipe gently with lens cleaning paper.
- Mold may form if the lens is left dirty.
- If the Screen looks dim, turn off the HD camcorder and leave it for about 1 hour.
maintenance & additional information