Using an ac power source – Samsung HMX-H1062SP User Manual
About battery packs
• The battery pack should be recharged in an environment
that is between 0°C (32°F) and 40°C (104°F). However,
when it is exposed to cold temperatures (below 0°C (32
°F)), its usage time reduces and it may cease to function.
If this happens, place the battery pack in your pocket
or other warm, protected place for a short time, then
• Do not put the battery pack near any heat source (i.e. ﬁre
or a heater).
• Do not disassemble, apply pressure to, or heat the
• Do not allow battery pack terminals to be short-circuited.
It may cause leakage, generate heat, or cause ﬁre.
Maintaining the battery pack
• The recording time is affected by temperature and
• We recommend only using the original battery pack that
is available from your Samsung retailer. When the battery
reaches the end of its life, please contact your local
dealer. The batteries have to be dealt with as chemical
• Make sure that the battery pack is fully charged before
starting to record.
• To preserve battery power, keep your HD camcorder
turned off when you are not operating it.
• Even when the power is switched off, the battery
pack will still discharge if it is left inserted on the HD
camcorder. If you do not use the HD camcorder for an
extended time period, keep it with the battery completely
• For power saving purposes, the HD camcorder will
automatically turn off after 5 minutes. (Only if you set
. (Only if you set
(Only if you set
“Auto Power Off” from the menu to “5 Min.”)
• When fully discharged, a battery pack damages the
internal cells. The battery pack may be prone to leakage
when fully discharged. Charge the battery pack at least
once per 6 months to prevent complete discharge of the
About the battery life
Battery capacity decreases over time and through repeated
use. If decreased usage time between charges becomes
signiﬁcant, it is probably time to replace it with a new one.
Each battery’s life is affected by storage, operating and
Using an AC power source
We recommend that you use the AC power adaptor to power the HD camcorder from a household AC outlet when you
perform settings on it, play back, or edit images, or use it indoors. page 15
• Before detaching the power source, make sure that the HD camcorder’s power is turned off. Failure to do so can
result in camcorder malfunction.
• Use a nearby wall outlet when using the AC power adaptor. Disconnect the AC power adaptor from the wall outlet
immediately if any malfunction occurs while using your HD camcorder.
• Do not use the AC power adaptor in a narrow space, such as between a wall and furniture.