The qwerty keyboard – UTStarcom PPC-6700 User Manual
The QWERTY keyboard
Your device provides you with a
keyboard, which is similar to a standard
keyboard on your PC. To use the hardware keyboard, slide the main screen rightward to
reveal the keyboard. The screen orientation will change to landscape when the keyboard
You can do the following with the hardware keyboard:
• To type lowercase letters, press the keys using your thumbs or ﬁngers.
• To use all uppercase letters, press
ﬁrst, and then
• To type a single uppercase letter, press
and then press the corresponding key.
• To enter a number or symbol (labeled on the top left of each key in red), press
then press the corresponding key.
• Press the Left/Right SOFT KEY
to perform the command shown on the bottom of
to verify your data entries or exit the program in use.
to open the Start menu.
• Press the arrow keys
for directional movement.
• To choose a word that is being predicted, press
to select. Then press
the selection and add a space..