UTStarcom PPC-6700 User Manual
Exchanging Messages and Using Outlook
To add or delete contacts
• To add a contact, tap Menu > Add a Contact, and then follow the instructions on the
• To delete a contact, tap and hold the contact’s name, and then tap Delete Contact
from the shortcut menu.
To send an instant message
Tap the contact to whom you want to send a message.
Enter your message in the text entry area at the bottom of the screen, and tap
To quickly add common phrases, tap
Menu > My Text and select a phrase in the list.
To block or unblock contacts
• To block a contact from seeing your status and sending you messages, tap and hold
the contact, and then tap
Block from the shortcut menu.
• To unblock a contact, tap and hold the name of the blocked contact, and then tap
Unblock from the shortcut menu.
To check your own Messenger status
• Tap and hold your own name at the top of the page. Your current status is indicated in
the displayed list by a bullet point.
To change your display name
Menu > Options > Messenger tab.
Enter the name you want to display to others in MSN Messenger.
To get more help about MSN Messenger
• When in MSN Messenger, tap Start > Help.