2 pocket msn messenger – UTStarcom PPC-6700 User Manual
Exchanging Messages and Using Outlook
7.2 Pocket MSN Messenger
MSN Messenger delivers the features of MSN Messenger to your mobile device. With
Pocket MSN Messenger you can:
• Send and receive instant messages.
• See which contacts are online or ofﬂine.
• Subscribe to status updates for selected contacts so you know when they come online.
• Block contacts from seeing your status or sending you messages.
Before you can use MSN Messenger, your device must be connected to the Internet. For
information about setting up an Internet connection, see “Connecting to the Internet” in
Chapter 6, “Getting Connected.”
You must have either a Microsoft .NET Passport or Hotmail account to use MSN
Messenger. If you have a Hotmail.com or MSN.com e-mail address, you already have a
Passport. To get a Passport account, go to
. To get a Hotmail
account, go to
To start MSN Messenger
Start > Programs > Pocket MSN.
To sign in or out
• To sign in, tap anywhere on the MSN Messenger screen.
Enter the e-mail address and password for your Passport
or Hotmail account, and then tap
Sign In. Signing in may
take several minutes, depending on your connection
• To sign out, tap Menu > Sign Out. Your status changes to