John Deere 318 User Manual
22. Remove pitman shaft and worm shaft seals from
Pitman Shaft Seal
Worm Shaft Seal
NOTE: Pitman shaft needle bearing and worm shaft
bearing cup are press-fit in gearbox housing.
Remove bearing or cup only if replacement is
Lip (B) is part of gearbox housing, not part of
23. Inspect needle bearing and bearing cup (A) in
gearbox housing for wear or damage. Replace if
24. Remove needle bearing using a driver from JDG457
Steering Gear Service Set.
25. Remove bearing cup using a driver set.
26. Inspect pitman shaft for roller wear or other damage.
Replace if necessary.
316, 318 & 420 Lawn and Garden Tractors