Remove and install differential, Disassemble and inspect differential – John Deere 318 User Manual
REMOVE AND INSTALL DIFFERENTIAL
1. Remove transmission (D). (See procedure in Group
2. Remove both axles (B). (See procedure in Group 20.)
3. Remove bracket (C) and fittings (A).
4. Installation is done in the reverse order of removal.
DISASSEMBLE AND INSPECT
NOTE: This disassembly procedure is for the One-Speed
Differential (316 and 318) and the Two-Speed
Differential with Differential Lock (420). The
differences are noted.
1. Drive two dowel pins (A) into differential case just far
enough to clear the cover.
2. Remove cap screws to remove cover and gasket.
Differential/Disassemble and Inspect
316, 318 & 420 Lawn and Garden Tractors