Bleed hydraulic system – John Deere 318 User Manual
BLEED HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
After installing a repaired or replacement part, follow this run-in procedure to assure that air is purged from
the hydraulic system.
1. Start engine and idle for 10 minutes.
2. Run engine at high idle for one minute.
3. Turn steering wheel full left and hold for five seconds.
4. Turn steering wheel to straight forward for 10 seconds.
5. Turn steering wheel full right and hold for five seconds.
6. Return steering wheel to straight forward. Travel vehicle forward about 20 feet and then make two hard
7. Then make two hard right turns.
8. Travel vehicle in reverse for 10 feet.
9. Cycle mower deck up and down three times.
10. Shut engine off and inspect hydraulic components for leaks.
11. Fill reservoir as required with John Deere Low Viscosity HY-GARD® oil.
Diagnosis, Tests and Adjustments/Bleed Hydraulic System
316, 318 & 420 Lawn and Garden Tractors