Remove and install hydraulic control valve—420 – John Deere 318 User Manual
REMOVE AND INSTALL HYDRAULIC
CAUTION: Escaping fluid under pressure can
penetrate the skin causing serious injury.
Avoid the hazard by relieving pressure before
disconnecting hydraulic or other lines. Tighten
all connections before applying pressure.
Search for leaks with a piece of cardboard.
Protect hands and body from high pressure
If an accident occurs, see a doctor
immediately. Any fluid injected into the skin
must be surgically removed within a few hours
or gangrene may result. Doctors unfamiliar
with this type of injury should reference a
knowledgeable medical source. Such
information is available from Deere & Company
Medical Department in Moline, Illinois, U.S.A.
NOTE: Removal and installation procedures for later
models may vary slightly.
1. Remove belly pan.
2. Disconnect hydraulic lines from control valve.
3. Disconnect control linkage.
4. Remove two mounting bolts (A) and control valve.
5. Installation is done in the reverse order of removal.
• Bleed the hydraulic system. (See procedure in Section
270, Group 20.)
Hydraulic Control Valve/Remove and Install
316, 318 & 420 Lawn and Garden Tractors