John Deere 318 User Manual
NOTE: Bearing cones are press-fit on output shaft.
Remove bearings only if replacement is
Bearing cones and cups are matched and must
be replaced as complete assemblies.
20. Inspect bearing cones (A and D) for wear or
damage. Replace if necessary.
21. Press shaft (C) from bearing cone (A). Remove snap
22. Remove bearing cone (D) from shaft (C) using a
knife-edge puller and a press.
23. Remove shims (E), bevel gear (F), snap ring (G) and
24. Inspect all parts for wear or damage. Replace as
E—Shims (as required)
Output Shaft Assembly
Mower Gear Case Repair/Later 60-Inch Mower (Peerless)
316, 318 & 420 Lawn and Garden Tractors