John Deere 318 User Manual
6. Install steering tube (A) on bolts. Be sure the square
holes in the steering tube are seated on the square
shoulders of the bolts.
7. Apply multipurpose grease on retainer plate (B) and
8. Install washer.
9. Install snap ring (A) on steering shaft.
10. Install steering shaft with threaded end down into
IMPORTANT: Alignment grooves must be on only
one side of steering valve for proper
11. Install upper cover plate over four bolts with the
highly polished surface up.
Steering—318 and 420/Steering Valve
316, 318 & 420 Lawn and Garden Tractors