For safe use – Canon XEED WUX450 User Manual
For Safe Use
For Safe Use
Pay attention to the following points when installing or using the projector.
• Do not touch the lens with bare hands. Doing so may result in deterioration
of image quality.
• If the projector is suddenly moved from a location where the temperature is
low to a location where the temperature is high, or if the temperature in the
location where the projector is installed increases suddenly, moisture in the
air could cause condensation to form on the projector lens or mirror. This
may cause a blurred image. Wait until the condensation has evaporated for
the image projected to return to normal.
• Do not install the projector in a location where the temperature is high or low.
Doing so may cause a malfunction. The temperature range for operation and
storage are as follows.
Operating temperature: 0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F) Humidity level: up to
Storage temperature: -10°C (14°F) to 60°C (140°F)
• Do not place any objects on top of the projector that may change shape or
color due to heat.
• When using the projector at altitudes greater than 2,300 m (7,545.8'), or for
projecting upward / downward:
When using the projector at altitudes greater than 2,300 m (7,545.8'), or
for upward projection or downward projection, it is necessary to change
the settings of the projector. Specifically, adjust [Fan mode] (
[Vertical projection] (
) in the [Install settings] menu.
• Do not install the projector near high-voltage electrical power lines or an
electrical power source.
• Do not use the projector on a soft surface such as carpet or sponge mat, etc.
Doing so could cause heat to build up inside the projector and this could
result in a malfunction.
• Do not block the air intake or exhaust vents of the cooling fan. If the air
intake or exhaust vent is blocked, heat cannot be released from inside the
projector, which may shorten the useful life of the lamp or cause malfunction.
• Installing the projector in the wrong direction may cause a malfunction or
accident. Install the projector so that the left / right incline is within 10°.
• Be sure to install the projector in a location where the air intake and exhaust
vents are separated from the wall by more than 50 cm (1.6'). Failure to do so
could cause a malfunction.
• Do not install the projector in a location that is damp, or where there is a lot
of dust, oily smoke or tobacco smoke. Doing so could cause contamination
of optical components such as the lens and the mirror and may result in
deterioration of image quality.