Changing the network preferences – Sony PEG-T415G User Manual
Customizing your Sony CLIÉ Handheld (Preferences)
Tap the arrow V next to End and select one of the following
commands. If the command requires additional information,
a field appears to the right of it for you to enter the
• Wait For: Tells your CLIÉ handheld to wait for specific characters from
the TCP/IP server before executing the next command.
• Wait For Prompt: Detects a challenge-response prompt coming from
the server and displays the dynamically generated challenge value. You
then enter the challenge value into your token card, which in turn
generates a response value for you to enter on your CLIÉ handheld.
This command takes two arguments, separated by a vertical bar (|) on
the input line.
• Send: Transmits specific characters to the TCP/IP server to which you
• Send CR: Transmits a carriage return or LF character to the TCP/IP
server to which you are connecting.
• Send User ID: Transmits the User ID information entered in the User ID
field of the Network Preferences screen.
• Send Password: Transmits the password entered in the Password field
of the Network Preferences screen. If you did not enter a password, this
command prompts you to enter one. The Password command is
usually followed by a Send CR command.
• Delay: Tells your CLIÉ handheld to wait a specific number of seconds
before executing the next command in the login script.
• Get IP: Reads an IP address and uses it as the IP address for your CLIÉ
handheld. This command is used with SLIP connections.
• Prompt: Opens a dialog box and prompts you to enter text of some
kind (for example, a password or a security code).
• End: Identifies the last line in the log in script.
Repeat step 4 until the log in script is complete.
Changing the Network preferences