Using memory stick® media to transfer data, Using memory stick, Media – Sony PEG-T415G User Manual
Page 192: To transfer data, Media to transfer data, Using data of another sony clié handheld
Using Memory Stick
media to transfer data
You can use Memory Stick media to transfer data of your old CLIÉ handheld
to your new CLIÉ handheld.
• Use Memory Stick media that has sufficient free memory space.
• Make sure that the write protect tab on the Memory Stick media not set to LOCK.
Insert Memory Stick media into your other CLIÉ handheld.
Rotate the Jog Dial™ navigator to select MS Gate and press
the Jog Dial navigator. Or tap the MS Gate
icon on the
Application Launcher screen.
The MS Gate application starts up. The data in your CLIÉ handheld is
Tap to select the data of the application whose settings and
information you want to use with your new CLIÉ handheld.
You can select multiple files.
• Address Book: AddressDB
• Date Book: DatebookDB
• Memo Pad: MemoDB
• Mail: MailDB
• To Do List: ToDoDB
• Network setup information: NetworkDB
• You cannot copy data marked with the lock
• You cannot copy Graffiti
ShortCuts, Net Prefs, and sonyres (the database for
accessing the files in Memory Stick media).
• Do not select UnSavedPreference. Your computer may not be able to
distinguish your new CLIÉ handheld from your old CLIÉ handheld.
The File Overwrite confirmation message is displayed.
Using data of another Sony CLIÉ Handheld
Continued on next page